viernes, 1 de octubre de 2010

Latin America


Well, I would like to know the entire world!!! To choose one place is very difficult for me. But I’m going to choose a region of this planet: Latin America.
The reason for this election is simply, is the historical place where I was born and where I live. I feel a special affection for our region, I think that here there aren’t countries clearly different. The frontiers are human inventions, are a fiction. I think that we are one people that were born as a product of a specific historical situation, the colonization.
I would like to know from Rio Grande to the Estrecho. I would travel through it, like the Che! My knowledge about Latin America is historical and cultural, but not very deep. If I could travel by Latin America I really would like to know Mexico, Cuba, Brazil, Peru and Bolivia. In Mexico I would visit the archaeological ruins of Teotihuacan, El Tajin and Tenochtitlan, and Museum of Anthropology. In Cuba... well, my interest in this country is historical, because here are great characters like Fidel Castro; I really admire this man because he could to release the Cuban people of the USA control. And, in this island there is an interesting cultural mix (like Brazil), and is one of the more ancients Spanish settlement. Brazil is a big place! And their regions are so different! I think that almost all of us would like to do an exotic travel in the Amazonia! But to leave in one piece! In Peru I would know the ruins of Machu Picchu, Sacsayhuaman, and the Cuzco’s city with all their museums and Churches. In Bolivia I would go to the ruins of Tiwanaku and Potosi’s city.
Like a place for to live I would choose Cuba, I think that I would be happy there. For study I would choose Mexico or Brazil, because they have very good universities in the area that I like it: the anthropology, archaeology and the art.
Well, the only thing that I can do now is to save money to do this great trip!!!


*In the picture, a mural by Jorge González called "Presencia de America Latina", Pinacoteca of Concepcion,. Chile.

8 comentarios:

  1. I've allways thought that first to travel around the world, i need to know my whole country =)

    Take care!

    ResponderBorrar
  2. We starting our posts saying the same thing: we want to know all the world. Always is good to found people with similar ideas jajaja.

    Regards, Viviana. Success with your trip!

    ResponderBorrar
  3. Vivi!! I will travel by all this countries too. Latin america is so big and beautiful.. I will know the world but maybe it will be left money and years of life.

    ResponderBorrar
  4. I see that you like the archeology, great! The european are very crazy for travel to America for this similar reason. That is very interesting.

    ResponderBorrar
  5. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderBorrar
  6. i like very much when you say that te frontiers is a fiction vivi. many things could be better if more people to thinking as you.

    ResponderBorrar
  7. Take a trip through Latin America es as a thing of the 1000 we need to do before to died. And before be old ^^.

    ResponderBorrar