viernes, 5 de noviembre de 2010

My ideal career


Today I want to write about a career that I would have wanted to study. I think that almost all my classmates have an idea about the career that I would like to study: Anthropology. The questions to answer are: How and when you knew about the career? Explain what do the people that study that career, and Why would you have liked to study this career?
I don’t know when was born in me the tendency toward this matter. I always remember that a friend told me that the work that Violeta Parra did with the peasant, was a work of anthropologist. I said: I want to do that too!!!! Well, the score in PSU wasn`t sufficient, so, here I’m.
When I was in first, second and third year in the university, I began to take part in class in the career. And I began to understand more the work of an anthropologist. This is related with the human and the culture. One of the first definitions of this career that I read is: The anthropology is the man’s study. This is really abstract and general. In other definitions I read that the anthropologist studied the culture. So, for me, the anthropology is the study of the man through the culture.
I think that this career would be perfect for me. The first reason is related with our career. I’m not regretful of to enter in the Art. I like the subject, and is directly related with the culture. I don`t have an obsession by the object, the painting, for example. Yeah, is really beautiful, but for me is only an object. The man or the people that did that work of art are my focus of interest. So, I would study the human behaviour through Art (a part of the culture).
I could do all the things that an anthropologist do (fieldwork, travels), but always related with the art. So, I think that in the future I’ll study a master or the under grade in anthropology. I’ll do it!
*In the picture: Claud Levi Strauss during ethnography' works.

7 comentarios:

  1. I found interesting that career, but i think that i'm not useful for fieldwork, i'm a little comfortable jajaja. Now i understand why your perfect job was related to american pre-hispanic art is very praiseworthy that, because is a group of a few people who are really interested in that field, i mean REALLY, interested, and you are one of them.

    I wanted to study History and my Psu's score didn't reach either, is a similar story i think.

    Regards

    ResponderBorrar
  2. The anthropology’s carrier has a way social and physical. Which way do you like?

    ResponderBorrar
  3. Many people that study history of art decide go to Anthropology. It is very strange. However, I want study Anthropology too.
    Regards.

    ResponderBorrar
  4. That surprise!!!!
    I don’t imagine!!! Jajajaja
    Vivi anthropologist!

    ResponderBorrar
  5. Vivi!! you will do it.
    I think in the anthropology also, but specifically in archeology. Now i feel that my chose was good.

    ResponderBorrar
  6. I am not surprised. I don't know if it is about Viviana or the fact that so many students from this career have this tendency. Go for it Viviana!!!

    ResponderBorrar